Bing Toolbar is a browser add-on developed by the software giant Microsoft for providing users with easy access to its services. The Bing toolbar enhances the browsing experience by showing search results from the popular Bing search engine. The toolbar also has features that provide the users easy access to other Microsoft services like Outlook and IM.
Once you install the Bing Bar in your computer, you can use it to play games, know what is trending in the market, read emails from friends and many more web based functionalities. When compared to other search bars, Bing bar does provide the users a much more simple and classy interface. However, the add-on does consume lot of browser space and bandwidth; so one may think about removing it from the computer. Below we discuss how you could remove Bing bar from your system.
- Open the Start menu by clicking on the Start button located at the left bottom corner of the desktop.
- Click on the Search tab to open the search dialog box and then type in it appwiz.cpl. Press the Enter button found in the keyboard for opening the Uninstall or Change Program window.
- You will be able to see all the programs and applications installed in your computer now. Scroll down through the displayed list to find the program named Bing Bar and click on it when found.
- Now move the mouse pointer to the top of the Uninstall or Change Program window and click on the Uninstall button found there. Now the system will ask you for confirmation to remove Bing toolbar, click on the Yes button found in the popup window to confirm it.
- Now the un-installation wizard will start to remove Bing toolbar from your system and the progress will be shown in a popup window. When the popup bar disappears, the Bing toolbar will be completely removed from your system.
- Press the Windows key found in the keyboard and then click on the Shutdown option. The Shutdown menu will appear now, select the option named Restart from it to restart your computer. Only after the restart of the system is done, all the toolbar contents will be removed from the system.
If you follow the simple instructions given above, you will be able to remove the Bing toolbar from your computer easily. If you do come across any issues while following the instructions discussed here, feel free to contact the Microsoft support center.Google+