Windows Mail is an email client developed by Microsoft for Windows Vista users. This email application was developed as a successor to the hugely popular Outlook Express. However, unlike Outlook Express, Windows Mail is not associated with Internet Explorer. This application stores messages in a database, so that the user can access it later. But sometimes, you may face issues and get error messages while attempting to access the database in Windows Mail.
One of the main reasons for the corruption of the Windows Mail database is that sometimes you may shut down your computer while the database is still in use. In such cases, you would see that the email application shows you messages in certain folders that would be impossible for you to delete.
Although you can dial up the Windows support number to seek assistance from the technicians, you can also try the following instructions to rebuild the Windows Mail database to fix this issue:
- In the first step, Windows Mail and click on the Tools menu followed by Options. Now, click on the Advanced tab, and then on the Maintenance button.
- Now, click on the Store Folder button. Here, you would see a window that displays the location of the Windows Mail message database. Highlight the entire contents, right-click the highlighted text, and then click Copy.
- Now, close Windows Mail and click on the Start button followed by the Computer option. Here, click the word Computer in the address bar, and then click Paste to replace the text with the folder that you had copied earlier.
- Now, press Enter. Your default store folder location should be C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail.
- In the next step, you need to click the name of the previous folder at the top of the window and right-click the Windows Mail folder followed by Copy. Now, right-click the open area of the folder, and then click Paste. Meanwhile, if you have any queries, you can always contact the technicians by dialing the Windows support number.
- You would see that the Windows Vista would create a new folder named as Windows Mail–Copy. Now, double-click on the Windows Mail folder and right-click on the option WindowsMail.MSMessageStore, and choose Delete. Now, click on the Yes option to confirm it.
- Now, double-click on the Backup folder, and then on the New folder. Highlight all of the items in the folder and right-click on any of the highlighted files and select the Delete option. Now, click Yes to confirm.
- Once, it is deleted open the Windows Mail. Now, you would get the message Recovering The Windows Mail Database.
By following these steps you would be able to repair the corrupted database of Windows Mail. To get more information, please contact our technical support team.Google+